Skincare is something I’ve been taking much more seriously in my 30’s and I wish I would have started sooner!
Today I am going to be sharing my skincare routine and the products I use on a daily basis!
These are my go to “ride or die” products that have improved my skin and made it healthier and naturally glowing!
I will share my morning and nighttime skincare routine here, let’s get started!
My Morning Skincare Routine
- I usually workout in the morning so when I get home I take a shower and wash my face with Clinique All About Clean foaming cleanser, gently pat dry
- Apply Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream SPF 30
- Wait about 5 minutes and then apply my makeup for the day. The Elemis Marine Cream works as a really nice base for your makeup. I love how smooth my makeup goes on after applying this day cream and the SPF 30 is a bonus. They have a version with no SPF as well here.
My Nighttime Skincare Routine
- Wash my face withClinique All About Clean foaming cleanser, gently pat dry
- Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner – apply to a cotton ball or cotton round and gently smooth over face in an upward motion. I like to focus on the areas around my nose and in my T-zone where pores may be more visible. I also go down my chin and neck area. This gives your skin a nice, even, natural tone and glow. Love this product and it is under $10!
- Pro Definition Eye and Lip Contour Cream – I apply this to my under eye and side of my eye area and around my lips
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Overnight Matrix – Apply this to my face and neck
- Finish with Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Oil or Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate Oil. I like to alternate these, I’ve noticed that combo works really well for me!
Your skin will glow after this application and you wake up with smooth, even skin!
If you haven’t really been taking care of your skin, it will take some time to really notice results.
When I started paying attention to my skin and sticking to a consistent 7-day per week skincare routine, it took about 30 days to see results.
So be patient with your skin and stick to a skincare routine and it will pay off!
After about 30 days people started noticing an improvement in my skin and I still get asked about my skincare routine on a regular basis.
Here are a few tips for starting a skincare routine.
TIPS for Healthier Skin
- Drink a-lot of water!
- Wash your makeup off every single night, no matter what. Even if I didn’t wear makeup that day, I still wash my face every single night – no exceptions.
- Be gentle with your skin – don’t rub and pick at it, gently pat it dry and be gentle with it.
- Invest in quality skincare products, especially those with collagen. As we age, we produce less collagen and that is why collagen is a popular ingredient in skincare products, especially those that help with anti-ageing.
- Be consistent. Find a skincare regime that makes your skin happy and stick to it.
Starting a skincare routine can be an expensive initial investment, but a little goes a long way. I only us a pea size amount of these products so they do last pretty long!
If you don’t want to invest in every product on this list, my top three recommendations would be:
- Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream SPF 30
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Overnight Matrix
Just using those three alone will help so so much!
I’ve recently purchased the Sunday Riley Retinol combo and am excited to try them! I’ve never used Retinol products before but have heard great things! I bought the mini travel size to try and see if I like it. I will let you know what I think!
Shop the Post