As the weather starts getting cooler and the leaves slowly begin changing, it’s time to bring out the Fall recipes!
Nothing says “cozy Fall nights at home” like a bowl of homemade chili and a side of cornbread!
This recipe is easy, delicious, and my kids LOVE it!
EASY HOMEMADE CHILI RECIPE
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 large jar tomato sauce (I like RAO’s Roasted Garlic Sauce)
- 2 packages of ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced (or you can use baby carrots too)
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Fresh parsley
- Onion Salt
- Chili Powder
- Olive oil
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot and saute onion, carrots and garlic until well cooked
2. Add beans, crushed tomatoes, and tomato sauce + fresh parsley
3. Add salt, pepper, onion salt, and chili powder
4. Reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer 1 hour
Serve and enjoy!
I like to serve my chili with a side of fresh cornbread and a green salad!
Enjoy, from my kitchen to yours!