I’m sort of on a cilantro-lime kick lately. I’ve been trying to sneak it in with every meal because it’s just so darn good!
These Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos are mouth watering good and super easy to make! Cook up a large batch of chicken and you can use the leftovers for salad the next day, over rice or with other sides.
I love that the chicken itself is a multi-use dish, so making plenty is key for having leftovers for the week.
Also, many people don’t realize how easy making pico de gallo salsa is! It is such a simple topping and yet it packs so much flavor. Unfortunately, the pico de gallo isn’t as good the next day so only make as much as you are going to eat at once.
- 4-6 large chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Olive oil
- 1 lime, wedges
- Freshly squeezed lime juice from 1 lime
- Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Onion (red or sweet)
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- Corn tortillas
- Wash chicken and pat dry
- Cut chicken into small cubes (small enough to fit in tacos)
- In a large bowl, combine cubed chicken, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, chili powder and minced garlic
- Mix well until chicken is evenly coated with seasoning
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add chicken
- When the chicken is cooked halfway through, pour in the freshly squeezed lime juice and cook through
- While the chicken is cooking, dice the tomatoes and onion to make pico de gallo salsa
- Roughly chop the cilantro
- Mix the tomatoes, onion and cilantro in a bowl
- Squeeze the juice of 1-2 lime wedges into the salsa and mix well
- Sprinkle with salt if desired
- When the chicken is done, place a good amount on the corn tortilla
- Add the salsa on top and squeeze some lime juice for taste
- [img src=”http://momming.com/wp-content/uploads/cilantro-lime-tacos.jpg” width=”800″ height=”533″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”cilantro lime tacos”]
Next week I will be sharing how to prepare quinoa in advance to use for different meals throughout the week.