Hosting and cooking for my family and friends is one of my favorite things to do, especially around the holidays.
We always make a huge feast and eat way too much and still manage to have lots of leftovers. Who has leftovers from this week’s New Years gatherings?! We sure do!
My mom used to never like to waste food and always had the best recipes to make delicious meals with holiday leftovers. This is something I learned from her and now I do the same.
We often make a large whole turkey or chicken for Christmas and New Years and this is my favorite leftover chicken tortilla soup recipe. You can also make this soup with turkey, and it still turns out amazing.
This soup is not only healthy and hearty, but this year I’ve partnered with Wild Harvest for all of my holiday meals!
Wild Harvest offers a wide selection of over 600 products, many of which are organic, at great prices. Their products are free from over 140 undesirable ingredients, they offer lots of gluten free options, and they are delicious.
I never feel guilty about serving my family Wild Harvest products because I know they only use quality ingredients.
After all, their slogan is “Full of good, Free from bad.”
You can find Wild Harvest products easily by using their store locator here.
- 5 cups Wild Harvest chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Wild Harvest organic diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 Tbsp Wild Harvest organic chili powder
- 2 tsp Wild Harvest organic ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp Wild Harvest organic paprika
- 1/2 tsp Wild Harvest organic ground coriander
- Wild Harvest organic olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts -from leftover meat – shredded
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Wild Harvest organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Wild Harvest organic corn
- 1 medium finely chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Garnish: tortilla strips, sour cream or shredded cheese
- Heat oil in a large soup pot and add chopped onion and garlic. Saute until translucent.
- Add chicken broth and all remaining ingredients.
- Allow to simmer 1-2 hours.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, tortilla strips, sour cream and/or shredded cheese
- Serve and enjoy!
Happy New Year!
Enjoy! From my kitchen to yours!
PS: I’ve also been using Wild Harvest bath and body products and LOVE them! Read more about their bath and body products on my post here.
(This is a paid sponsorship. All of the opinions expressed in this post are my own, I never work with brands I don’t personally use and love!)