These quinoa + beef stuffed bell peppers will make your taste buds so happy. They are bursting with flavor and are packed with protein.
They are my go-to, guilt free comfort food. Aren’t they pretty? Guess what, they are actually super easy to make!
The Romanian in me was craving these the other week and so I modified them and replaced the rice with quinoa, they were fantastic!
Fall is just around the corner and this is such a great food for those cooler evenings. I love making these when I have guests over for dinner because they seem so “fancy” but they are actually so easy to make.
All you have to do is mix the filling, stuff the peppers, and pop them in the over for a few hours.
Here is the recipe, enjoy!
- 4 bell peppers, any color, seeded
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ¾ cup quinoa, cooked halfway
- 2 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1½ cups beef or chicken stock
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 large can tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh or dry parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Rinse quinoa and bring to boil in pot with chicken/beef stock. Let boil until quinoa is about halfway cooked
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Mix until quinoa and beef are evenly blended. Make sure to mix the eggs in, this helps hold everything together
- Stuff peppers with beef and quinoa mixture and arrange in a large soup pot or dutch oven.
- Pour undrained diced tomatoes and tomato sauce into pot over the stuffed peppers
- Cover and cook for 3 hours, adding water if the liquids in the pot get low
- Serve and enjoy!