These pancakes are so easy, fluffy and delicious.
My husband tells me that these are probably the best pancakes he has ever had and that is a compliment coming from him because pancakes are one of his favorite foods.
This recipe never failed to please anyone who has ever tried it in our home! It is a must try recipe….
- 2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp sugar or 1 tbsp stevia
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 3.5 cups buttermilk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 3 tbsp melted butter plus extra to coat your skillet
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda & sugar or stevia in a medium bowl to combine.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, vanilla extract, eggs, lemon zest and melted butter.
- Add flour mixture to the buttermilk mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Allow the batter to sit for about 5 minutes. It should be fluffy and a little thick (not runny or watery). If the batter is too thick, you can add a little more buttermilk.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle and grease with extra butter.
- I use one medium-large soup ladle full of batter for each pancake. Cook each pancake until bubbles begin to appear - then flip and cook the other side until golden brown.