Easy Apricot Jam
Serves: 1.5 mason jars
- About 25-30 fresh, ripe apricots
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1¼ cup sugar
- Wash the apricots, cut them in half and remove the pit.
- Place the apricots in a large pot on the stove and add the orange juice and sugar.
- Turn stove on med-high heat, stirring until the sugar is melted completely.
- Important: make sure you stir constantly so that the sugar doesn't stick to the bottom and burn
- Once the sugar is completely melted, turn the heat to low and allow it to simmer and cook - stirring occasionally.
- After about 30 minutes stir more vigorously so that the apricots begin to smash.
- At this point you can taste it to see if it needs more sugar - if yes add according to your desired taste.
- I allowed mine to cook on low for one hour to get the consistency below:
- After an hour simply just put the jam in a mason jar and allow to cool completely in refrigerator.
- Once it is cooled, enjoy on toast or with whatever your heart desires!
- (Jam will last for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator and for up to 6 months in the freezer)