Last September we celebrated our son Charlie’s 3rd birthday with a Construction Themed birthday party. He was really into construction and construction trucks so the theme was fitting. At first I thought this would be a hard theme to pull together but it was actually really easy and so cute!
We kept it simple with pizza, cupcakes and birthday cake and stayed outdoors since it was still warm enough. When it cooled off later in the evening we had a backyard bonfire.
As for the decor, I usually like to make most of it myself, but with a 3-month-old at the time, I ordered a lot of the items from Etsy and went to a local party store. If you are interested in any of the items pictured above, here is a list where you can purchase them:
- “Birthday Zone” decorative ribbon, balloons and plates: The Lippman Company
- Orange party favor bags (in first picture) were filled with candy and street chalk for the kids: Dollar Tree
- Black & Decker construction table + hat: They were a gift for his second birthday but you can find similar one HERE on Amazon
- Rocking chair: IKEA
- Custom Birthday Cake: Safeway (I always get my cakes from there! The vanilla/raspberry cake is so delicious! People always ask me where the cake is from and they can’t believe it when I tell them Safeway!)
- Cupcake signs: Etsy – Blue Oak Creations
- “Tools” Napkin & Cutlery sets: Etsy – Blue Oak Creations
- Black, Yellow, Orange banner: Etsy – Blue Oak Creations
- Charlie’s t-shirt: Etsy – Classic City Emb
I loved how every detail turned out and we had a blast. I can’t believe Charlie will be four this year! I was trying to decide what theme I want to do for his upcoming fourth birthday and remembered that I never posted these pictures. Time flies and he is growing so fast, but I love that I have so many pictures to look back to and remember all of these moments.